Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What is " Brain Freeze " ?

Ok, all of you who think its the feeling we get after eating a large bite of icecream are going to be sorely disappointed.

" Brain Freeze " is a feeling of tranquility. It is the feeling one gets when one is simply so amazed and all sensory input overwhelm the brain. The brain, not being able to function due to the excess data it has to process......stops. It gives a moment when one can truly immerse himself or herself in the wonder that is the world. Rational thought then kicks in and heightens the experience by giving logical explanations of what one has observed.

My first brain freeze was when I first read about sub-atomic physics. I felt the world around me go quiet and fall away from my conscience and left me at peace to ponder the mysteries at the pico [10^(-12)] and lower level.

If you wish to share your "brain freeze" moments, mail me at jyotishka.misra@gmail.com.

P.S : Digital kudos and goodwill to whoever figures out what the significance of the numbers "3990" mean to me. To those who know me, it's quite easy, give it a shot.

1 comment: