Friday, August 26, 2011

A Bright Dawn

Dawn in Gandhinagar is typically around the hour of 5:30 a.m. Today, I can tell you for a fact that the morning dawned in Gandhinagar bright and without being even slightly obscured by a non-existent fog which many of us were expecting. The painful thing is, no sane person should be able to describe dawn as all sane people should be asleep at that ungodly hour. It's bad enough to know that the early hours exist, there is no need to be awake to confirm it.

On that note, I will now bring my rant to an end as far as being awake at dawn is to be considered. "Why ?" might you ask ? Well, it's for the simple reason that I was awake at 5:30 a.m and I have no intention of being branded a hypocrite. Instead, I shall turn my ire (and ask you dear reader(s) if you would be so kind to redirect yours too) in the general direction of a bunch of narcissistic, self-serving sadists. Yes, we all know who I'm talking about, but it's safest if I don't put it into words as they have eyes and ears everywhere !

The toll of a night - long educational effort compounded by the utter lack of sleep is quite disorienting I can assure you. The entire world seems insulated, distant and surprisingly lacking in meaningful stimuli. Sometimes, it's hard just to keep track of whether you are awake or asleep. Sometimes, it's both, where a part of the mind is asleep and the other parts work away. That's when it gets really weird. Visions oddly enamoring in their sheer uniqueness spring up and travel unhindered into the plane of reality alloying the conscious experience. It really leads one to think -> "The universe is simply the perception of it in the individual".

Now that my thoughts are nice and jumbled, this narrative will probably progressively dissolve into disjointed, meaningless jibberish. Feel free to ignore the rest of this post as it's been long past since I passed through the looking glass into wonderland - visions conjured up by my subconscious mind. Such weird hallucinations are these that it would put even Lewis Carrol to shame. And yet I type on as is the force of habit when I sit with a keyboard in front of me balanced on the precipice between dreams and reality ever cautious wondering which way I will tumble at the first stumble.

Good night. My computer is going into "sleep mode" and so am I.....

2 comments:

  1. I loved this!!! You should write more when you are in this unstable state. I simply loved it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'll try writing some more after other erudite endeavors which leave me sleep-deprived.

    ReplyDelete