Thursday, September 8, 2011

Future Firefox

Are you a firefox fan ? I mean, who wouldn't like a amazing browser that runs faster than.....well something really, really fast. Anyway, if you want to use versions of firefox that are yet to be released, you can do just that ! What you are looking for is a firefox "nightly" build. These builds are not even Beta stage but more of a development stage version of firefox. Some of your add-ons may not work with these new builds but I can personally assure you that they deliver top-of-the-line performance when it comes to internet speed. After all, its a browser, what more can you ask for ? The current version of firefox (stable) is 6 and Beta is 7. I've been using Firefox Nightly 8 for over 2 months and not only is it faster than both version 6 and 7, but it is also more stable and supports more add-ons than either of the "mainstream" builds ! Intrigued ? Well, you can download Firefox Nightly Builds from -> http://nightly.mozilla.org/ Another developer stage firefox is the "Aurora" ! Download it from here -> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/ Last but not least, here's a direct ftp link to all the firefox builds you could ever want. In the mood for legacy or on the search for future versions, grab any version even before they hit the firefox website ! -> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/ If your an add-on junkie like I am, I would suggest that you do not use the Nightly build 9, rather the nightly build 8 as version 9 still needs some work in regards of managing add-ons. Version 8 however, is the by far the best browser I have ever used (that's right Microsoft, I said it, and for the record, Internet Explorer will never have a home on my computer, I'll use Opera or even Safari if I have to in case Firefox is not available!) LONG LIVE MOZILLA !!! |\/|[]Z!|_|_/-\ |2|_||_35

No comments:

Post a Comment